Introduction to Qualitative Data Analysis with NVivo In-Person / Online
Goal: The goal of this workshop is to teach participants how to use NVivo for qualitative data analysis using a variety of sources.
Outcome: Participants will be able to use NVivo to import various file types, code data using a variety of methods, and visualize results.
Description: This hands-on introduction to NVivo will cover working with a variety of source materials (flat documents, surveys results, interview transcripts, and social media). Coding methods introduced include: manual coding, assisted coding using queries, and full auto-coding of themes. We will also explore differing visualizations available.
Detailed Workshop Contents:
|1. Introduction to NVivo and QDA
2. Introduction to the prepared datasets
3. Import documents (flat files)
4. Code: manual coding
5. Code: frequency assisted coding
|6. Code: search assisted coding
7. Code: full auto-coding
8. Import interview transcripts
9. Import survey results transcripts
10. Import Twitter content using NCapture
- Monday, March 20, 2023
- 10:00am - 11:30am
- Time Zone:
- Central Time - US & Canada (change)