DSLR Orientation In-Person
The Moody Media Lab has a variety of equipment that is available to the campus community with just a brief consultation, but how do some of these fancy toys work? In our Friday lab series, get to know the basics of our equipment on offer and learn about the exciting creative opportunities that can open up in your class or your everyday interests!
DSLR Cameras, short for Digital Single-Lens Reflex Camera, allow for interchangeable lenses on the same camera body and provide an opportunity for a vast array of digital image possibilities. In this session we'll go over our Lumix GH6 camera and how different lenses can change your approach to photography or movies. We'll also explore various accessories like shoe mount microphones, tripods, and basic lighting. Completion of this workshop will also give you authorized access to our Audio and Video reservation system!
After this workshop you will:
- Possess a basic understanding of DSLR cameras and their operation.
- Understand the various lenses and accessories you can use with DSLR cameras.
- Be approved to access the media lab reservation system without a pre-consultation meeting.
This workshop is intended for any member of the Baylor community interested in creative practice including undergraduate students, graduate students, faculty, and staff.
- Friday, February 17, 2023
- 2:00pm - 3:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Central Time - US & Canada (change)
- Design & Data Lab