Text Analysis I: Textalyser and Voyant
Goals: The goal of this workshop is to teach attendees the basics of text analysis using two popular and freely-available online tools: Voyant and Textalyzer.
- Participants will be able to identify text formats which can be successfully analyzed using these tools
- Participants will be able to discover patterns in text by using the two tools
- Participants will be able to interpret and explain the types of text analysis results available in each tool
- Participants will be able to compare the features and results of each tool to determine which might be better used in varying circumstances
- Participants will be introduced to sources of text appropriate for analysis
Description: Participants will be introduced to two popular, freely-accessible text analysis tools, Voyant and Textalyzer, and through hands-on examples will learn the features of each. Users will be able to describe the key features and differences and determine the best tool to use for various text analysis needs. Participants will be provided text to use with Voyant and Textalyzer to expedite learning, but will be introduced to free and proprietary sources for textual analysis.
- Friday, February 15, 2019
- 11:00am - 12:30pm
- Moody 104 (Active Learning Lab)