Finding Data: Consumer Information for Marketing
Description: This workshop will cover data sources that look at consumers and their preferences. Data sources will include those that are subscribed to by the Baylor Libraries as well as those sources which are freely available on the internet. Search strategies for locating datasets will also be covered.
Goal: The goal of this workshop is to acquaint participants with sources of consumer-related data subscribed to by the library and to teach participants strategies for locating “freely available” data sources.
Outcomes: After attending this workshop, participants will:
- Be aware/familiar with databases (library) which are sources for consumer-related data
- Be able to develop appropriate strategies for searching databases
- Be able to develop strategies for searching the internet for consumer-related data
1. Mintel reports: While there will be a basic overview of content in Mintel, main focus will be the Databook within each report which provides questions and responses.
2. Data-Planet: In Data-Planet, we will be covering the EASI market data content along with basic functionality of database.
3. eMarketer: With eMarketer, we will cover the content and features of the database.
4. SMA: With this resource, we will be covering both the sports-related data and the SMA Interactive which covers “brand share index”.
5. Freely available resources – we will be looking at how users can locate freely available resources which present consumer data.
- Friday, February 22, 2019
- 3:30pm - 4:30pm
- Jones 105