Introduction to TDM: Armstrong Browning Library's Victorian Collection
Participants will gain hands-on experience mining the thousands of full-text documents, as digitized from the Armstrong Browning Library's Victorian Collection.
This workshop will cover:
1. Exploration of the content and metadata included in The Victorian Collection at Armstrong Browning Library
2. Introduction to Text Data Mining
3. Sneak peek into text processing using Python's pandas module and text enhancements using Python's spaCy module. (Enhancements will include parts of speech tagging, named entity recognition, word lemmas, and stop word identification.)
4. Detailed walk-through of Voyant Tools, a web-based reading and analysis environment for digital texts.
5. Detailed walk-through of AntConc, a freeware corpus analysis toolkit for concordancing and text analysis.
- Friday, October 4, 2019
- 10:00am - 12:00pm
- Moody 104 (Active Learning Lab)