Wikipedia Edit-a-Thon In-Person / Online
Join the ELC in a Wikipedia Edit-a-Thon to learn the process of crowdsourcing and participate in one of the largest general reference commons in the world. This is a drop in, drop out event that is open to the entire Baylor community. We will select a few themes or topics to concentrate on, but you can edit or create any page you think needs adding to based off of your interests and expertise.
After this Edit-a-Thon you will:
- Have a profile on Wikipedia that you can use to edit in the future.
- Understand the Five Pillars of Wikipedia and use those to guide your editing.
- Contribute to Wikipedia and collective, crowdsourced knowledge!
This workshop is intended for any member of the Baylor community interested in crowdsourced projects including undergraduate students, graduate students, faculty, and staff.
- Wednesday, November 9, 2022
- 7:00pm - 10:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Central Time - US & Canada (change)